A degree in mathematics and physics doesn’t always lead to a career in real estate, but for me, it means that analyzing the financials behind buying and selling property is an exciting challenge and a unique source of joy. I’ve worked in residential real estate for 17 years but over the past 10 years, I have worked almost exclusively with builders and developers, representing clients on 250+ single family home development projects on both the new construction and rehab side.
My team and I are deeply familiar with the construction process for single-family homes and smaller development projects—including all of the many ups and downs along the way. Our hard work makes it easier for individual developers, construction groups, investors, and everyone in between to focus on their expertise, while we handle the market (and the marketing). I’ve walked through thousands of vacant homes, and hundreds of under construction rehabs and new developments. I understand and value your profession—and want to help you take it to the next level.
The homes I represent often command the highest prices of any in their neighborhoods. I achieve this through my detailed involvement in each project, from site selection to final marketing efforts.
I don’t claim to be able to predict the future, but I do have a track record of developing in the right neighborhoods at the right times. I will help you get into a neighborhood early so that you can benefit from the growth I see on the horizon.
Case in point: I started purchasing properties for my clients to redevelop in earnest in 2011, largely working in the Northwest side neighborhoods of Logan Square, Avondale, and Irving Park. More generally, the areas in and around the 60618 zip code. The median sale price in the 60618 has risen from a low of just under $200,000 in 2011 to nearly to $400,000 today, a 100% increase.
I sold 3408 N Albany in Avondale (pictured) for $700,000 in September 2016.
My large, custom signs set the projects that I work on apart. These aren’t standard–each one is designed by my in-house graphic designer. I continue to get new clients based on the fact that they’ve seen my signs in their neighborhood. One client in particular called me because she said she saw my signs all over and that my homes seem to sell quickly.
I focus on establishing continuing relationships and partnerships with developers. I will help you build your business by helping you sell every deal you undertake, then finding you new deals.
For example, I’ve worked with MK Construction & Builders, Inc., for years, and we continue to work together to build new business, with a handful of active developments and listings nearly all the time.
Comprehensive Developer Services
I have a decade-long track record of helping developers make profitable decisions. I pride myself on identifying valuable properties in the right neighborhoods, and then helping my clients take the necessary steps to acquire these properties.
I guide clients through site selection with detailed analysis of each property’s condition, location, estimated construction costs and target retail value.
Each project is unique and requires a comprehensive vision to ensure that the finished product is appropriate to its location and target price. I work in tandem with my clients’ architecture teams to develop an overall concept for each residence.
By doing dozens of in-person showings and tours of competitors’ homes each week, I keep a finger on the pulse of current buyer preferences, which enables me to make informed recommendations to my clients.
With an in-house graphic designer, significant market presence, and close connections to others within the top broker community, I have the capability and experience to market and sell new construction and rehab projects well before their completion. As evidenced by my track record on the MLS, about 1 in 5 of the listings I represent sells “before print.”
For those homes that make it to print, I provide comprehensive marketing services, from staging recommendations to in-person showings.
The following marketing materials are created in-house by my full-time marketing staff:
- Photography: We work with a suite of high-end photographers who specialize in specific projects, including as-is properties, under construction properties, high-end rehabs, and more
- Custom, house-specific brochures, including pre-marketing brochures for under construction homes
- Floor plans
- Exterior renderings for under construction homes
- Postcards: general postcards representing my listings as well as house-specific postcards for just listed homes and more
- Custom signage: Over the past 8 years people have come to associate my name with high quality homes and excellent service. My sign always has my mobile number and email, allowing interested buyers to contact me directly.
- Advertising in a wide array of relevant print publications, including Architectural Digest, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Sophisticated Living, Jameson Sotheby’s Imagine, and Jameson Sotheby’s collections.
- Email newsletter
- 1,500 subscribers
- Just Listed emails upon listing
- May be featured in monthly update emails
- Social media
- Facebook posts promoting open houses and paid ads.
- Facebook page with over 900 followers–and growing
- Average monthly reach over 60,000
- Instagram features of under construction homes–over 400 followers
- Facebook posts promoting open houses and paid ads.
- Overwhelming online distribution, including customized website listings on jamesonsir.com, realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow
- Exclusive service for listings above $1M: Individual websites with custom domains
I use my extensive peer network to ensure that the right people are aware that your home is for sale. My team and I frequently sell homes using the following tactics:
- Broker open houses
- Open houses
- Private showings